The IDAC (Intelligent Data Acquisition Controller) systems are software controlled signal acquisition systems containing programmable amplifiers and filters, optimised for EAG, SSR, and GC-EAD/SSR recording. They all operate with the Syntech EAG, GC-EAD and AutoSpike software on Windows operating systems as well as on Apple Macintosh Computers. The data transmission using the USB port offers high flexibility in the choice of PC or laptop for recording and/or analysis of the signals.
2-CHANNEL USB ACQUISITION CONTROLLER, IDAC-2
(replaces previous IDAC-232 for the serial port)
- 2-channel signal recording system optimised for EAG and GC-EAD signals
- Connects directly to the USB port of the PC; No external power needed.
- Auto- and manual offset control and special EAG filter functions available through the software.
- Compatible with Syntech EAG and GC-EAD software for Windows
- Suitable for application in the field (NOT suitable for SSR recording)
4-CHANNEL USB ACQUISITION CONTROLLER , IDAC-4
with direct control of external solenoids (valves) and actuators
- 4-channel amplifier / data-acquisition system for the Universal Serial Bus (USB)
- For use with any PC (and portables) with USB port.
- Real-time on screen display of all signals before and during recording
- Fully software programmable: Gain, Offset, Filters, Command inputs, etc.
- 50/60 Hz filter and zero offset control; special EAG filter
- Sampling rate (1/s – 100k/s) adjustable for each channel individually
- Powered inputs for active sensors and headstages (Probes)
- Voice comments can be recorded with data
- All inputs and outputs galvanically isolated
- DIRECT OUTPUTS for up to 8 external solenoids (valves) and actuators
- DIRECT OUTPUTS for 2 proportional actuators (lights, flow controllers, motors, etc.)
- Programmable time sequence of actuator (solenoids and motors) outputs
- Graphical time sequence actuator control program
- Actuator sequence runs simultaneously with signal acquisition.
The Syntech software has been especially developed for recording signals from insect antennae ElectroAntennoGraphy, EAG) and from olfactory and contact chemoreceptive neurons (Single Sensillum Recording, SSR) together with signals from other sensors and devices, like gas chromatographs and stimulus generators. The software runs with all Syntech IDAC systems using the appropriate driver. Upgrades of the software can be downloaded free.
GC-EAD / EAG
EAG and GC/EAD SIGNAL RECORDING and ANALYSIS PROGRAM
- For use with Syntech IDAC data acquisition systems
- Auto zero on trigger signal of base line and time base
- Real-time recording and display of ElectroAntennogram signals (EAG)
- Calculation and display of EAG maxima and Normalized values
- Calculation and display of means and standard deviations
- Dual trace real-time recording of combined Gas chromatography-Electro
- Antennographic Detection (GC/EAD); max 5 hours continuous recording
- Peak area calculation and retention time marking on GC and EAD trace
- Amplitude and time-base zooming
- Comments stored with data
- Graphic output in Windows metafile format
- Printing of all graphic and numeric data
- ASCII data output
PROGRAM for EAG and ACTIONPOTENTIAL RECORDING and ANALYSIS, AUTOSPIKETM
- For use with any Syntech IDAC data acquisition systems
- Comfortable WINDOWS user interface
- Real-time recording of action potential trains
- Sampling rates 1 – 50.000 per s; Resolution 16 bits
- Full wave capture; Spike capture up to 7 hours
- Interactive spike extraction and classification
- Amplitude drift correction function
- Amplitude discrimination in 128 classes
- Interval plot and interval histogram
- Spikes/bin and frequency plot
- Pre-and post trigger time settings; Auto-trigger on adjustable signal level
- Dual real-time amplitude histogram calculation and display
- Signal averaging by means of multiple alternating stimulation
- Graphic output in Windows metafile format (copy/paste)
- Extensive print options of all graphic output and numeric data
- SAPID compatible file format
- ASCII data input and output